Monday, September 14, 2015

Week 7 Term 3 Driftwood Art



Driftwood Art


This is what my word looks like
My class, Room12 did some driftwood art for the art exhibition. We were inspired by Jack Marsden Mayer. He makes animal art out of driftwood. So we made our own driftwood names. The day we were going to do it Mrs Miller said that you needed to think of a name for your driftwood art. Mine was Livy so I collected all the driftwood that I needed. So then I sat down and started to make my name. But It didn't turn out right so I thought of sky.I found this super cool S and Y already made. The S was made out of bamboo tree. The Y was just normal driftwood. For the K I just had to find 3 pieces of driftwood, one long and two short ones. Once I had made my word I showed Mrs Miller and she took a photo of it. Then it was time to glue my word together. Then a few day's later we had to tie a string onto our driftwood.


Jack Mardsen Mayer

His name is Jack Mardsen Mayer, he's from Manchester, England but he lives in New Zealand. He attended Gordonstoun International School where he studied sculpture. He has been working with driftwood since he arrived in New Zealand 2008!

No comments:

Post a Comment