Tuesday, September 15, 2015

My Biography Writing - Lorde

 WALT communicate and inform the reader effectively
Purpose: to inform
Text type: Biography
Success Criteria (based on Kidspeak progressions)
  • I use a plan to organise my writing (structure)
  • I use specific words about the topic (vocabulary)
  • I write a variety of sentence lengths (sentence formation)
  • I support the main ideas with detail (content and ideas)
  • I attempt words I don’t know by using my sound/letter knowledge (spelling)
  • I use capital letters, full stops, question marks, exclamation marks, commas for lists correctly. (punctuation)


Person’s Name
  • Lorde\Ella Marija Lani Yelich-O'Connor


Information about this person’s childhood:
Lorde’s real name is Ella Marija Lani Yelich-O'Connor, Lorde is her stage name. Lorde was born in 1996 November the 7th. Lorde is now 18 years old!! She was born in Takapuna but was raised in Devonport, Auckland. Lorde went to Belmont Intermediate School and was also part of the Belmont Intermediate School Band. She became interested in performing as a child but she did not perform when she was little!   


Information about this person’s accomplishments:
Lorde has sang a lot of songs here are most of her songs she has sang. Royals, Everybody wants to rule,Yellow Flicker beat, Team, Tennis Court, Buzzcut Season, Glory Gore, A World alone, White teeth teen, Ribs, Bravoo, Swingin Party and last of all No better.


Why is this person important:
Lorde is a pop singer and she is a songwriter which means she also writes her own songs. Her songs also make her popular, her most popular song is Royals!!

1 comment:

  1. 2 stars and a wish.
    First Star- is for putting success criteria
    Second Star- is for putting a picture of Lorde so we know what she looks like!
    Wish- Awesome work Livy there is no wish today

    ReplyDelete