Sunday, April 9, 2017

What Did I Do When My Class Went To Camp?

Since I didn't go to camp I will be telling you what I did while my class went to camp. For the first two days I stayed with Mrs Love because she was going with the year 4's for camp and they were going on Wednesday. But when the year 4's went to camp, I stayed with my buddy hub for 3 days. My buddy hub is Room 16\17 and they are year 2's. The teachers of the class are Mrs Hill and Mrs Kelly.

Wednesday 15.3.17
Since they are year 2's and I am a year 6 I had to help them with their learning which I was exited about doing because I felt like a teacher. Also, on that day they were learning about worms so they made worms. First, we put jelly in a cup, then on top of it cream and finally jelly again. Then we put straws in the cup and put it in the fridge to set. Mrs Heibner helped us make them. Well, that's what I did that day.

Thursday 16.3.17
The next day I did the same with helping the kids with their learning. Before that day, we made jelly worms so that was the day we got to eat them. Mrs Heibner first showed us how to squeeze it out of the straw so everyone knew what to.  Everyone pulled out a straw from the cup and then squeezed the straw and out came the jelly worm. I loved eating the jelly worm, it was really yum. My favourite bit was the cream. The cool thing about the jelly worm was that it actually looked like a worm when it came out of the straw.

Friday 17.3.17
On Friday, it was St Patrick's Day, so the teachers decided to something St Patrick days related. So Mrs Kelly decided to have a group making scones but to make it St Patrick's Day, she added green food colouring. I was in Mrs Hill's group and the kid's who didn't want to make scones could make Hairy Maclary Puppets. You could make puppets out of paper bags and paper plates. I decided to make it out of a paper plate. I made muffin McLay.

So that is what I did when my class went to camp, I hope you enjoyed reading my blog. See you next time :)


Here is Mrs Heibner showing the kids how to squeeze the jelly worm out!
This is what the cup should look like:)

2 comments:

  1. Well done Livy! you must of had so much fun and i bet the buddy hub loved having you. I bet it was hard to squeeze out the jelly worm without breaking in half. I would of loved to do all the things you did must of been fun. Did you make a puppet or did you make a scone. Great job keep it up Livy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica. Yes I did have loads of fun. It was quite hard to squeeze out the jelly worms and most of kid's broke in half. I made a puppet as I said in the paragraph :)

      Delete